|View single post by papoon|
|Posted: Thu Jul 25th, 2013 03:29 am||
|What a great resource. I do however wonder what, for the purposes of the database, constitutes "unpublished." If self-publishing doesn't count as "publishing," it's going to be a pretty big database, given how many collectable tarots are self-published.
A few comments:
- The Harry Potter Tarot is by Elly Pieper. She self-publishes it and, as far as I know, it is still available for purchase.
- The Salt Doll was published in a limited edition of 1000 copies by Tarot Korea. As debra mentions, it's still available from baby_dream. It would seem to me that 1000 copies definitely qualifies as "published."
- For the Kaga-Yu Tarot, the artist goes by the name Kaga-Yu (makes sense)
- "Kingdom of Hearts" is actually "Kingdom Hearts" (That's the name of the game it's based on.)
- The Stick Figure Tarot was self-published in some substantial quantity.
- The Stygian Darkness Tarot - I may be wrong, but wasn't this the original name of what was eventually published as the Archeon Tarot? That scanned Fool is definitely the fool from the Archeon.